We have a great chocolate chip baked donuts recipe for you! Lyndsay from Lulubelle’s Bakes is sharing her baked chocolate chip donut recipe with us, and we couldn’t be more delighted!
You had us at ‘chocolate chip’! Show us your sweet ways, Lyndsay!
- Flavour Nation Crew
- 100 g plain flour
- 45 g cocoa powder
- 100 g light brown sugar
- 80 g chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg
- 90 ml milk
- 1 tsp vanillia essence
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 50 g melted butter
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 100 ml milk/cream
- 250 g icing sugar
- 75 g butter
- 3 to 5 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- In a bowl add the flour, cocoa powder, light brown sugar, chocolate chips, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Mix together until all combined.
- Then add the following to the dry ingredients: egg, milk, vanilla essence, apple cider vinegar and melted butter. Mix together until all combined.
- Add mixture to a piping bag and pipe mixture into donut rings in your lightly greased donut baking pan (3/4 full)
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170C for approximately 13 minutes. Allow to cool then glaze and decorate – enjoy!
- Carefully melt the chocolate and milk/cream together in the microwave on full power for approximately 60 seconds; be careful not to overheat otherwise the ganache will split. If this happens quickly beat in a little extra milk/cream to bring the mixture together again. Allow to cool slightly (it will thicken as it cools down). Dip the top of your donuts in the ganache then decorate with sprinkles, nuts or vermicelli – enjoy!
- Melt the butter, add the milk, add icing and vanilla. If you want a thinner glaze, add more milk.
- As soon as your donuts have been baked quickly dip each donut in the glaze to coat all over with the glaze and allow to dry on a cooling rack. You can then dip the tops of each donut in either the ganache or a thicker glaze and then decorate with sprinkles, chopped nuts or vermicelli – Enjoy