This zesty, Orange Infused Butter Cookies recipe is a Lulubelle’s Bakes favourite! Thank you for sharing, and caring, Lyndsay!
May your cookie jar always be full!
- Flavour Nation Crew
- 1 kg plain flour
- 500 g salted butter chilled and cut into squares
- 500 g castor sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Zest of 2 - 3 oranges
- melted chocolate
- Mix the butter, sugar, zest and vanilla together until just combined.
- Gradually add the eggs.
- Add the flour and bring the mixture together until just combined (Be careful not to overwork the mixture).
- Divide into 3 parts and carefully roll each part into a cylinder shape.
- Wrap each cylinder shape in clingfoil and chill for approximately 1 hour.
- Once chilled roll the dough to approximately 5 mm thick.
- Cut out the cookies and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Place baking tray with the cookies on it in the fridge for approximately 30 minutes.
- Bake at 175°C for 8 – 12 minutes until the edges have just started to brown – be careful not to overbake.
- Dip the cookies in melted chocolate or drizzle as desired.