*Happy Dance* The lovely Lyndsay from Lulubelle’s Bakes has shared her favourite way to make the yummiest buttercream icing with us!
Worn like a crown on a cupcake, and wrapped around a cake like a hug, buttercream icing is a much-loved essential to many-a-bake.
Thank you for sharing your scrumptious way with us, Lyndsay!
- Flavour Nation Crew
- 250 g softened wooden spoon margarine or butter or 50/50 mix
- 1 kg icing sugar
- 100 ml milk powder
- 80 ml watm water
- a pinch of salt if using margarine
- 6 ml vanilla essence plus 4 ml of your chosen Flavour Nation flavour
- Beat butter, milk powder, warm water and vanilla essence together with 500g icing sugar – mix well.
- Add remaining 500g icing sugar and mix well.
- Add colour and flavouring if required..
- Cover with a clean damp cloth direclty onto the icing. Place clingfoil or lid onto container until ready to use.
- Icing can be frozen for up to a month. Defrost throughly and allow icing to reach room temperature before using. You may need to beat it to soften a little bit before use.